This week, there are 3 major topics that should be covered:
- Discuss Abdullah’s marriage to Aminah and his death shortly thereafter
- Discuss Abraha’s building of a cathedral in Sana’a, his oath to raze the Kaaba, and his advance towards Makkah
- Highlight Abdul Muttalib’s meeting with Abraha, Surah Fil, and how Quraysh earned the title of Ahlullah (the people of Allah ﷻ)
- Discuss the birth of the Prophet ﷺ and the significance of the name Muhammad
- Mention some of the signs of the coming of the Prophet ﷺ
- What can you learn about leadership from the way Abdul Muttalib handled the situation with Abraha?
- The ulema say that the entire world was created for the coming of the Prophet ﷺ. Today we discussed some of the signs that occurred all over the world near the time of the birth of the Prophet ﷺ. What an honor, then, is it that we are the followers of this Nabi ﷺ for whom the entire world was created?
- Allah ﷻ will always protect whoever and whatever He wills.
- “If Allah should aid you, no one can overcome you; but if He should forsake you, who is there that can aid you after Him? And upon Allah let the believers rely.” [3:160]
- Do your part and then trust Allah ﷻ
- Once you have exhausted your efforts, it is important to leave the rest to Allah ﷻbecause, ultimately, He ﷻ is the only one who can help you.,
- No one knows the soldiers of Allah ﷻ but He ﷻ
- If we trust in Allah ﷻ, He ﷻ will surely provide a way out for us through the most unlikely of means. Quraysh were directly helped by the ababeel, whereas Abraha’s army was also stopped by Mahmood, the elephant, refusing to move.
Action item: Read Surah Fil along with its translation and tafseer, while reflecting on the story of Quraysh and Abraha.
- The Sealed Nectar by Saifur-Rahman Al-Mubarakpuri (p. 104-107)
- Muhammad ﷺ The Last Prophet by Abdul Hasan Ali Nadwi (p. 18-20)
- Muhammad by Martin Lings (p. 19-22)
- Prophet of Mercy by Shaykh Abul Hasan Ali Nadwi (p. 80-82)
- When the Moon Split by Saif-ur-Rahman Al-Mubarakpuri (p. 20)
- Muhammad Man and Prophet by Adil Salahi (p. 17-21)
- In the Footsteps of the Prophet by Dr. Tariq Ramadan (p. 1-9)
- Revelation by Meraj Mohiuddin (p. 71-73)