This week, there are 4 major topics that should be covered:
- Discuss the 4 mothers of the Prophet ﷺ
- Discuss how the Prophet ﷺ came into the care of Halima Saadia (radiAllahu anha)
- Discuss the concept of barakah and the Prophet ﷺ being a source of barakah in the life of Halima Saadia (radiAllahu anha) and her family
- Discuss the 4 times the Prophet ﷺ ‘s chest was split and his heart was cleaned
- Abu Huraiyra (radiAllahu anhu) reported: The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said, “No person is born but that he is pricked by Shaytaan and he begins crying due to the touch of Shaytaan, except for Maryam and her son (Isa).” Abu Hurayira said, “Recite the verse if you wish: Verily, I seek refuge for her and her offspring from the cursed Shaytaan.” (3:36)
- What are some ways we can bring barakah into our lives?
- Apart from Aminah, why do you think Allah ﷻ chose those specific women to become mothers of the Prophet ﷺ?
- Highlight the fact that these women were from low social classes and one was a black woman
- Something about these women was so special that Allah ﷻ chose for a part of them to become a part of the Prophet ﷺ
- The Prophet ﷺ held each of these women near and dear. He would visit them and help them in any way possible throughout his life.
- If Shaytaan even harmed the Prophet ﷺ, then we should realize that he will never relent on his mission to lead us astray. No matter what level of deen we achieve, we should not think that we are free from the whispers of Shaytaan.
- Quality over quantity
- Focus on bringing barakah into all aspects of your life rather than just more money, friends, etc.
- Guard yourself against sin
- We should be vigilant in guarding ourselves against sin and anything that will leave us to it.
- Respect your mother
- Allah ﷻHimself calls us to do so in the first ayah of Surah An’am, and we see this practice perfected in the life of the Prophet ﷺ
Action item: Go out of your way to do something nice for your mother, and be sure to make a special dua for her
- The Sealed Nectar by Saifur-Rahman Al-Mubarakpuri (p. 112-119)
- Muhammad ﷺ The Last Prophet by Abdul Hasan Ali Nadwi (p. 21-22)
- Muhammad by Martin Lings (p. 23-26)
- Prophet of Mercy by Shaykh Abul Hasan Ali Nadwi (p. 95-97)
- When the Moon Split by Saif-ur-Rahman Al-Mubarakpuri (p. 21-24)
- Muhammad Man and Prophet by Adil Salahi (p. 22-26)
- The Jurisprudence of the Prophetic Biography by Dr. M Sa‘id Ramadan al-Buti (p. 105-112)
- In the Footsteps of the Prophet by Dr. Tariq Ramadan (p. 10-15)
- Revelation by Meraj Mohiuddin (p. 74-75)