Baked Oatmeal with Blueberries
Simple, hearty, and can easily be customized by adding different fruits and toppings. Hands down our favorite recipe for baked oatmeal. The original recipe is from here, but the picture is our own.
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, butter and buttermilk. Cover and place in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat an 8×8 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Let mixture stand at room temperature for 5 minutes. Stir in the eggs, baking powder, salt and blueberries.
- Spread the oat mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Place into oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the oatmeal has set.
- Serve warm.